Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthday and more

Today I celebrated my birthday in a style befitting a septuagenarian...I woke up at 10am, went to lunch with my beautiful lady, came home and took a nap, and woke up and watched a few shows before calling it a night- only one glass of beer. This doesn't mean I'm over the hill, however, it's only a reflection of the stage I'm currently muddled in and the need for me to take a rest before I get out there and take the world by its horns.
I am grateful to the circle of family and friends I have surrounded myself with, and with God for allowing me to enjoy such a blessing called life. In order to stay fit during these dog-days of winter, I have signed up for a membership at the local YMCA so that I can stay in shape lifting weights and playing indoor basketball so that I can tone this body that seems bent on round rather than chiseled curves.
I will continue to edit and submit my work in the coming weeks with the new issue of Exile Calling coming out on Monday March 1st.
Well, thanks for dropping by and happy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment