Saturday, August 29, 2009

Work in Progress::: Woman

This is a piece inspired by a group on Facebook called Afrikan Poets and Writers for their August 2009 writer series theme; woman. I thought I'd put in my two cents worth and see what you folks think. This is the 1st draft, the rough draft, so I know there are a lot of things to fix. I know of a few but I don't want to influence your suggestions, so...have fun, and let's see how this develops from a diamond in the rough to a polished gem.
Adios, and mucho gracias.


Woman
This work has been removed and will be in a future issue of EXILE CALLING. Subscribe today to continue enjoying new works.
 
As you can tell from this and the other piece I am working on, Joriji's Daughter, I am fascinated by a few themes in my writings. Some of them are the road, the traveler, chance meeting, etc. I am a firm believer in fate, everything happens for a reason and we come to understand this reason the further along we travel along this path of life. With each step, each experience, we learn something new, or something is more clarified. Anyways, can't wait to read the suggestions.
Thanks, again.
Eddie

2 comments:

  1. Wow....Great work indeed Edouard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the poem. It was different but definitely understandable. I like the theme of the road, the traveler, etc. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete