Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Next Step


It is often stated that there comes a time in everyone's life when they know what needs to be done and they have to garner enough courage to do it. I have had a few of those times in my short times already and am now getting the itch to gather up my tent and get a new coat of dust on my sandals.
Life has been good to me and has given me the opportunity to follow my passion of putting feelings into words and channeling them to people's hearts, but I feel I have something much more important to channel at the moment, without which I will never reach the literary plateau on which I long to stand my shanty one day. What that is belongs to my heart to disclose when the time is right.
My hope, however, is that as I sail the empty seas with the winds edging my silken sails forward, I will have the courage to tame the golden dragon from whose lips I hope to entice the sweetest of life's blessings. I have but a prayer and a pailful of tears with which to entreat fate to give heed to my cause and deliver to me the galactic prize. Fear not for my folly, nor cheer for my demise for what is was inscribed on the blueness of my heart before the beginning of time, and your sorrow and jubilation would be more than a few eons late of their time. The words of old now ring incessantly in my ears; "The cowards never start, the weak die along the way, and only the strong survive." Here's to the cowards, the weak, and the strong...may the lesson of life be etched on our memory for eternity.
I have taken the first step...but I'm still chillin like these fellas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment