Sunday, January 10, 2010

Time to Catch Up

It has been a while since I wrote on here due to several unlinked factors, but which all conspired to keep me off here. My mom has now been here for almost three weeks and we are all enjoying the company of my cousins (who have been here for nearly a week), my uncle (who came to visit for a day from Canada), and our great neighbors.
I have received many family heirlooms from her and I now feel a stronger connection to her side of the family...now I have to brush up on my Russian and gear up for my visit up there in the summer.
I also received, as a gift from my mom, a new Canon Rebel 500D (Rebel T1i) camera with the 18-55mm IS and 55-250mm IS lenses, but my goal is to take and sell a few pics to buy myself a quality "L" lens. I'll keep you folks updated on that.
I keep repeating that I consider myself to be an artist, rather than just a writer or a poet or playwright, so the camera will give me a chance to utilize my artistic skills through a different medium.
I think I said this before, but I am planning to release an e-book of about 50 of my poems through a collection titled "Visions of a Homeland: Poems in Exile" at the end of March. I want this collection of poems to showcase a small piece of my culture. Our people’s history extends from one end of time to the other; a period as indescribable as it is enjoyable.
I will be posting updates often. I hope you are enjoying the start to this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment