Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another day!!!

On any given day, you can find me hatching plans of projects left and right. Lately, I have tried to consolidate, compartmentalize, and prioritize these projects to make sense - even to myself. Today, I am going to go back and edit the Salamander stories (without starting on the next part) and the Woman poetic prose. I will, also, touch up the Hunter and His Leopard, which needs a big face-lift. Talking about The Hunter and His Leopard, I found a picture by photographer Andy Biggs online that captivated the leopard I had in mind when the piece was flowing through me. I tell you, I believe in omens and, lately, they have been flocking to me...either that or my eyes are more open to recognizing them.
The other day, I would refer to her as a friend, definitely an ally, send me a link about an interview that implicated current Burkinabe president, Blaise Compaore, as having actually pulled the trigger and killing his former best friend, then-president Thomas Sankara. This was interesting to me because I had Compaore doing exactly that in the ending to my play "Sankara: My Brother, My Enemy." I feel a strong link to Sankara, and I regard this as an omen that I am on the right track.

2 comments:

  1. That's quite an interesting take on the current Burkinabe Prez. About the omen thing...I'm a bit skeptical but anyway, when the summer heat ends and fall starts to show it's upcoming trends, weird things tend to happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do...a squirrel was trying to come inside my apartment...didn't know what to make of it.

    ReplyDelete