Thursday, October 29, 2009

Radically Altering a Story


So I had just sent my Exile Calling Journal to my friend/editor/big bro Les to look over and give input when a thought came to mind about making changes to part 2 of my short story Onondaga County's Own Peculiar Salamander's Tales. Okay, so it wasn't right when I sent it to him, but it was within 24 hours of sending it to him. Anyways, this is not about the time frame, but rather, the radical nature of the alteration...this is like teaching students that the world is flat and then waking up one morning and feeding them crap, like the world is round...or is it the other way around??? Oh, well, you figure it out.
I am about to do a total makeover to how I came to know about, and meet, the salamander. I think the new story will showcase more of the loneliness, friendship, and mystery that I want to project through the series.
I know you are anticipating the Journal (no more calling it a newsletter...there is no news in it), and so am I. Please, stay tuned for any new developments...Peace unto all of you, and me, too, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment