Sunday, October 4, 2009

View of Life


I'm a firm believer in a subjective view of life. We view life as it pertains to us; to our feelings, needs, agitations, stimuli, etc. When we first moved here (Upstate New York), I was excited...then borderline depressed...then hopeful...but now, I'm not sure of how I feel about this place.
I like the quietness and the different life around me as a stimuli for writing. I must admit, I've done more writing in this past month than I've probably done the past ten years. At the same time, I miss the highlights of city life and my friends down in Atlanta. I miss the kids I used to teach, I miss hanging on weekends and watching football or having drinks.
Although, I can not say I regret making the move - I'm more than happy I did - I, sometimes, wonder what would have happened had I stayed in Atlanta. I'm always fascinated by why things occur the way they do.
I believe in fate...things happen the way they are meant to happen, and it's up to us to recognize the lessons in those occurrences...which is why I know I was meant to be here in this particular time. This view helps me go through life without many regrets or guilt baggage. It also affects how I write.
On a different note, I had some grilled chicken yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment