Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Poem: Grateful Profession


I wrote this poem a few days ago and it's dedicated to my former co-workers at the International Community School in Decatur, Georgia. I had lots of fun there and I miss it greatly. Here's to those brave souls that give so much of themselves so the future is a little brighter for some child.

 Grateful Profession

Sing a hmyn to joy,
Let its course weave through
Lips as airy an autumn breath.
Hail the brave
And their work
As shining souls skimp, elated
Through halls devoid of character
but filled with grateful shrills.
Leave the hive
and prepare honey
for them that seek the journey forward
with hopes of setting hearts free
in a world criminally discriminant.
My hat I tip
For unabashed love
of years of nurture bearing meager wealth
but great personal reward
to them that make children laugh in life.


This is the first draft, I will edit it and figure out what to do with it later, but I wanted to include it here for reasons listed above. The title "Grateful Profession" does not match, but that's all I can come up with at the moment.
Enjoy and visit the school website for more info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment