Thursday, December 3, 2009

Staying Focused

I don't know why I feel as if I can accomplish more tasks simultaneously than an eight-armed superman, but it might lie in the youth that still sizzles in my veins. My head is about to explode thinking about the promises I've made, the obligations I have to fulfill, and the dreams I hope to accomplish. I have to admit I have a hard time saying no, but I also know that I can accomplish a lot of things if I can learn to allocate time to tasks in a much more disciplined manner. I waste a lot of time, and the bad thing about that is that once you lose it it never comes back, so I am constantly in this cycle of highs (when I accomplish something) and lows (when I waste time and do nothing).
Next Monday will see the release of the third issue of the Exile Calling journal, which has seen readership steadily increase, and I hope to take a few days after that getting a few contacts together to help get some of my articles published some time next year. I also have to keep up with the numerous forums I belong to online in order to connect with readers and other authors...it's a way for me to win their minds and affections before I swoop in for their purses...I kid , I kid...Anyways, add in the fact that I have to cook at home and you see that I need at least 6 or 7 more hours in a day to the allocated 24. I made the deal to cook while my girlfriend cleans, so I brought that last one upon myself.
Anyways, I am trying hard to keep things in order and stave off the madness I feel rushing to devour and feast upon this hapless creature that is me. I will not let it, however, as I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. I'm about to employ one of them right now...the impregnable nap.
Thank you for coming, and I encourage all of you struggling with balancing the date book to find a few tricks to help you right the ship and keep going to reach the next port in time. Best of luck and keep writing!!!

ps. I just like the photo I took and thought I'd post it here even though it has nothing to do with the post. Enjoy both!!!

2 comments:

  1. I found that if remove sleep from your daily routine it allows you significant time to get those extra things done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I have tried that only to find myself grouchier than the Grinch himself. But, let me know if you try it and how it works out.

    ReplyDelete