Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Poem::: A Reign of Joy

I started Exile Calling in hopes of eliminating posting my work on this site or on Facebook, but I have so much material now that if I keep releasing one poem of mine in the monthly Exile Calling, I would go years before I would run out. The good news, however, is that I'm compiling a list of poems chronicling my journey in exile. So far, I have selected 32 of which I'm very confident and have edited a few time already- at least for most of them.
In the meantime, here's one I came up with and hope you like. It will not make it into this particular compilation, but I will need to edit it a few times before I can think of doing anything with it.

A Reign of Joy

From the wispiest breath
Is born the gayest of laughter
When the brightest light
Of an ebony sky is borne
By a dejected firefly.
A lover’s caress bears
To fruition the skipping of a heart
Tender and longing for a return
On its investment of kind.
The laughter and light;
The breath and the fiery fly;
The lovers and the night: All
Join in harmony as joy
Reigns for a moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment