Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Charlie Brown Christmas???

I have absolutely no idea what a Charlie Brown Christmas is, although I do harbor my own suspicions, but I could not resist picking up a Charlie Brown Christmas tree at the store when I saw it. I'm sure most of us have seen the program A Charlie Brown Christmas, so you remember the story of the Christmas tree and Charlie Brown's misgivings about the holiday, which he sees as too commercialized.
Anyways, I picked up the tree and took it home, where I was told by my girlfriend that I had been ripped off. "That tree is not worth seven cents, let alone seven dollars," I was subjected to hearing quite a few times. I said I couldn't pass it and I'm sure I would do something about. Then an idea came to me. I have been keeping the Styrofoam packing material from when we bought our furniture a few months ago because I wanted to create something with them. Until recently, however, I had not been inspired enough to create something, so it was all lying in the laundry room waiting patiently for my brain to come up with a use for them.
Now I know what I want to do with it...create Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and Snoopy's famous kernel...all out of styrofoam.
I hope to finish it in a few weeks, and I will post the final pics on here...in the meantime, enjoy the pic of the Christmas tree.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you find the tree? I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice, I found the tree at an Aldi store in Liverpool, NY...I'm glad you like it, I couldn't pass it up when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need to swap the boards around for it to be correct

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Dan, for noticing that...When I originally got it, I damaged the area where I was to screw it in so I superglued them together. I saw my mistake after it had dried.

    ReplyDelete