Sunday, November 8, 2009

Exile Calling Issue 3 Theme


As we get closer to the holiday season, I thought it would be best to look back and give thanks for a wonderful year this has been. I am gearing up the pieces for issue 3 (that's right, issue 3) of Exile Calling and the future gets brighter and brighter as far as work to feature in there and the potential to reach and affect readers all over. The feedback has been great so far, thank you all for supporting me as I climb this literal ladder.
I have decided to make the theme for the upcoming issue Africa to celebrate and give thanks for my homeland. While I might have been born and now live elsewhere, my formative years were spent in Africa and my earliest recollected memories are of walking its dusty streets. I want to show my appreciation for its heroes; to lament its woes; to uphold its virtues, and to proclaim its future.
Now that I know what I want the theme to be, I'm off to polishing the work. I hope you'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment