Thursday, November 12, 2009

Poetry

I love poetry; writing it, reading it, others', mine, short, long, etc. I love experiencing a stimulation which leads me to a few verses, which in turn lead to a few more. I, especially, love epics and I'm hoping to write a book length one soon based on some subject or other which has not blessed my cranium with its presence yet. By and by, however, I shall be stimulated and the result, God-willing, shall be worth the wait.
When I write, however, I find that I'm not focused on rhyming and structure. I tend to focus, rather, on the way it flows; on a rhythm in my head. Now, I have attempted to fix a poem and make it rhyme. I started by writing it in my regular way (I haven't edited it either, not sure whether to do it now) and then going over it and arranging or substituting words to make it rhyme.
Here's a scan of it, I will upload the edits as I go finish them. This is very raw, and it will be radically different when it's done. Click on it to expand and read it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment